Our Clients are based in the south of the UK and are looking to recruit an Electro Mechanical Engineer.
Our Client offers bespoke battery charger systems to their customers requirements and specification. The work will involve:
- Generate and submit approved electrical schematics; mechanical drawings & work/specification instructions for production of industrial battery charger systems. The position requires the ability to interpret customer requirements, in addition to working to British (BS), European (EN) and other standards.
- To support the business in delivering quality drawings in a timely manner, typically within 4-6 weeks
- The role may involve the design, specification & test of new system designs.
- Responsible to Engineering Manager
- System design of industrial battery charger systems (24 to 220 VDC) including the selection of key components such as transformers, power modules, contactors, fuses and batteries.
- To generate an internal technical specification/drawings based on our quotation and customer specification.
- Work with suppliers on the selection of electrical & mechanical components.
- To create a Bill of Materials & Routing to enable procurement of components on time.
- To ensure that all necessary drawings are available and approved for each Works Order.
- To compile an O&M manual and other technical documents for each Works Order.
- To issue test and configuration data and to assist and support factory acceptance tests (FAT), working closely with customers
- Interpretation of customer and industry specifications (BS/EN)
- To Maintain all supporting documentation and drawings for standard products.
- Work with sales and customers in project managing complex systems
- Opportunity to with Cross Functional Teams (multidisciplinary project teams) in the design of next generation systems
- To manage the order files awaiting specification.
- To aid in the implementation of paperless documentation
- Work with other team members on continuous improvement