Embedded Software Engineer
Our clients are working on a wide range of industrial battery chargers that range from 720W to 30kW outputs. They are seeking Software Engineers to help them develop their On-Board Charger and Cabinet Charger product ranges who also understand the value of each stage of software development and are disciplined at executing each stage.
- To take responsibility for a segment of a project, planning and pushing through with relevant stakeholders to the desired outcome.
- Fully finish a module, without leaving behind lots of technical debt.
- Balance long-term product objectives like quality and functionality into the day-to-day work.
- Partition software into a series of software releases.
- Update status and monitors the progress against a plan.
- Alert to resource, tooling or technical problems.
- Understand the difference between product, system, and software requirements.
- Can propose suitable requirements for software to build in configurability and flexibility where upper level requirements are vague.
- Use of CAN .dbc or similar for network specification
- Use of Pinning List for SW-HW interface specification
- Enterprise Architect
- Experience of using code generators
- Experience of Static Analysers (PC Lint) / MISRA standard
- Windows development of Test tools using C++/C#/etc
- Scripting: Python/Ruby/Perl, Bash/Batch
Testing & Debugging:
- Test Driven Development, or Software Unit Testing
- System integration testing
- Experience of debuggers
- Experience of bus analysers (Vector CANalyser, PCAN Explorer, etc)
- Experience of using lab equipment (scopes, sources, loads)
- Real time ARM core Microcontroller experience - I2C/SPI/CAN/UART/PWM/USB/etc
- Sensor and device integration – EEPROM/FRAM/MCU.
- Experience of power electronics
For a more detailed job spec please call Jacqui Grimwood: 07941 256300
- UK - North
- 2nd August 2017
- Jacqui Grimwood
- +44 (0)1728 685991