- Develop, plan and execute technical product, application and supplier strategies with the Supplier Marketing Director, working closely with the Regional Sales teams. Work closely with branches (General Manager, Branch Product Manager and Outsides Sales), customers and suppliers to implement, execute and follow up of such plans.
- Plan, facilitate, execute and monitor the activities within a specified European region/ country to achieve established Product development targets.
- Focus on design driven New Business Opportunities activities at a customer level to ensure our clients branches in your region remain Demand Creation / Identification focused. Communicate locally with suppliers.
- Enhance, grow and maintain relevant manufacturer and customer relationships at a regional/local level, working technically at a product and application level with the assigned branches, customers, supplier teams and other of our clients departments to position them as the preferred distributor.
- Utilising Corporate and Supplier focuses develop, communicate and execute engineering / application customer plans based at a technical level either on product technology or application based on intensive customer visits.
- Report, exchange and plan regularly with GM’s/ BPM’s on strategies and activities with key customers, focusing on new designs, NPI and project development, including any area of additional focus to achieve future growth and profit objectives.
- Intensive customers visits on a business development and technical level to create new projects.
- Maintain regional market awareness on competitor activities and industry trends through periodicals and networking.
- Understand local competition offerings, market pricing and market conditions.
- Undertake regular product trainings with suppliers and understand key applications and suitable technologies.
- University degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience, including experience in electronic component (or related industry) management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous management experience required.
- Extensive business knowledge in special product sales for the distribution industry in order to achieve and support successful regional sales results.
- Outstanding negotiation skills for convincing and persuading customers and suppliers.
- Mentoring skills required for providing training to regional teams.
- Analytical skills for assessing strengths and weaknesses of local special product sales programs and related results.
- Strong in teamwork, business acumen and operational excellence.
For a more detailed job spec please call Jacqui Grimwood on +44 (0)7941 256300
or email email@example.com